Monday, November 5, 2012

Hosta Gardens Pictures

News and Pictures about hosta gardens pictures

Mystery hosta « Ramblin' through Dave's Garden

Mystery <b>hosta</b> « Ramblin' through Dave's <b>Garden</b>

Mystery hosta. An abundance of hosta seedlings annually pop up in the garden, and while many must be removed because they grow immediately at the edge of a path, others are left in place and encouraged. In two years

rowenaprive - Sowing Shade Garden Seeds

rowenaprive - Sowing Shade <b>Garden</b> Seeds

A couple years ago I intended (but never got around to) to begin sowing shade garden plants and began saving seeds for coleus, hostas, and heucheras. I saved the seed in baby food jars (we have plenty of them around) in the refrigerator. I even labeled the jars with the They should look like the picture on the right when grown but could vary quite a bit. If I had found just one coleus like it I could have easily propagated more though cuttings which probably would

Cheesehead Gardening: Shade Plant of the Week - 'Bergenia'

Cheesehead <b>Gardening</b>: Shade Plant of the Week - 'Bergenia'

Hostas and Gardening in Wisconsin I love Bergenia! They are usually one of the very first plants to bloom in my gardens. I planted them along . Picture Window template. Template images by konradlew. Powered by Blogger.

The Civil War Quilter: A Little Garden Tour

The Civil War Quilter: A Little <b>Garden</b> Tour

Now I need to take new pictures and I haven't even posted the last ones! This is the view out my bedroom window. It's part of my back woodland garden (thru the screen so it's blurry,Sorry!) From my front door, my hosta garden

Garden Thyme with the Creative Gardener: Garden Blogger's Bloom

<b>Garden</b> Thyme with the Creative Gardener: <b>Garden</b> Blogger's Bloom <b></b>

Then it is wait to see what happens with this hosta next year. The other hosta in the next picture, has beautiful red petioles with a very upright form. I like the color on this one. Now here are some more pictures from the garden.

rowenaprive - Around Our Garden Landscape

rowenaprive - Around Our <b>Garden</b> Landscape

And last I'll leave you with this photo of our side garden arbor and the corner shade garden. Hostas, heucheras, oak leaf hydrangea, ajuga, hellebores, Japanse ferns, and astilbe all are in the corner shade garden.

Beyond The Garden Gate: Vee's notecard party

Beyond The <b>Garden</b> Gate: Vee's notecard party

This blog party is about showcasing your photography with pictures you feel are "notecard worthy." These are all from my yard and garden. Here we go: Our hosta garden, fondly known around here as the "hosta farm"

hostas in the garden…and other lovely things | Christmas Notebook

<b>hostas</b> in the <b>garden</b>…and other lovely things | Christmas Notebook

Here's a picture of 'Janet' taken in our garden in 2007, in all her loveliness. We had several years of dry summers around that time and 'Janet' stayed lush and green when other hostas dried up and burned. Hosta 'Janet'

Hosta Containers and Companions « CAROLYN'S SHADE GARDENS

<b>Hosta</b> Containers and Companions « CAROLYN'S SHADE <b>GARDENS</b>

Here are 16 miniatures in my strawberry pot: It also allows you to pair them with other miniature plants to create a tiny garden. My previous posts contain many photos of my containers of little hostas. However, I thought I would

Beyond Mice « CAROLYN'S SHADE GARDENS

Beyond Mice « CAROLYN'S SHADE <b>GARDENS</b>

I have used this photo of hosta 'Crumb Cake' emerging in spring before, but to me it epitomizes the beauty of a miniature hosta in a container. My nursery specializes in miniature hostas, and I have over 25 varieties available

No comments:

Post a Comment